Trace is pretty dang smart, and knows what it takes to get the job done. He has a good voice, thats not so whiny sounding. Very honky tonk to a degree. But, how could you not be with a song called Honkytonk Badonkadonk.
trace adkins is very little talent with a "rock n roll, girls and sex" gimmick with his videos IMHO
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Trace is pretty dang smart, and knows what it takes to get the job done. He has a good voice, thats not so whiny sounding. Very honky tonk to a degree. But, how could you not be with a song called Honkytonk Badonkadonk.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Trace Adkin's first CD was really good. He has a great voice, but lately his songs have all been gimmicky and hide his talent.
I think it is cool when country artists do good remakes of songs from different genres. The Sugarland/Little Big Town remake is cool and what I've heard of the Allison Kraus/Robert Plant CD is good.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">trace adkins is very little talent with a "rock n roll, girls and sex" gimmick with his videos IMHO </div></div>
Agreed. He has done some of the most ridiculous song ever in country. The honky tonk badonk song, chrome and a few others are instant channel changers when they come on the radio.
Confederate Railroad may have been one of the last good groups to come out that got airplay. I cnat think of any good country groups thats out right now.
GO VOLS
I like country music. But there is alot of pop sound in todays country music. I guess you have to keep up with todays sound. There is however a few new artist out that put out some good music, such as Lee Brice and Luke Bryan.
"Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."
You need to check out Black Stone Cherry, I been meaning to tell you about them...theyre southern rock metal I guess is what you would call it. As far as country, Hank III, Shooter Jennings, Old Crow Medicine Show, and the Drive-By Truckers are good. Theres some decent country coming out its just not mainstream
Huge hank 3 fan. Uncle Tupelo is fave to. I have heard about the bands you mentioned haven't got to hear them yet.
GO VOLS
I love Uncle Tupelo as well, No Depression and Graveyard Shift are two fav songs. Supersuckers are good too.
Not much on Country, but I can take a little Garth, Conway Twitty, and Josh Turner.
Where's your God now?
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try' ". [i] - Yoda[/i]
"I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU WALK A MILE IN MY [censored]." [i]Danny AKA Tourettes Guy.[/i]
[img]http://www.jacobgraf.com/images/uploads/tourettesguy.jpg[/img]
Black eye is a good song. I can listen to the whole cd over. But black eye stuck out in my mind. When I first heard it I thought it was saying black guy. I was like huh?? Then I listend to it and it a good song.
GO VOLS
Bookmarks